Position: Full Time Accounting Systems Analysts
Location: IBM’s Southbury Connecticut office.
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is currently seeking a Management Information Systems major to fill their Accounting Systems Analyst full time position for Winter 2020.
In this role, you will serve as a liaison between IBM Finance and the IBM CIO organization, working with both teams on operational and transformational projects. Their efforts are integral to the effort in producing IBM’s external financial results and the financial metrics used by the Company’s senior leadership to manage IBM. You will help build, enhance and maintain their Accounting Consolidation solutions using skills such as DB2, Cognos Analytics, SPSS, JIRA, Slack, Splunk, advanced Excel, Robotic Process Automation, and other new technology data analytics tools.
In concert with these information systems applications, you will grow your interest in business controls, operations management, agile practices, problem solving techniques, and communications. As an Accounting System Analyst at IBM you’ll be a key player in all aspects of strategic payments planning. You will make significant contributions to high-profile operational initiatives as the business continues to grow globally.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate a clear pride of ownership for the team-owned applications
- Propose new and transformative ideas with relentless focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Perform root cause analysis of technical and process issues
- Provide fiduciary oversight to application operations with a keen eye to meeting and achieving control outcomes
Required Qualifications :
- Excellent communication skills with proven problem-solving experience
- 2 years Excel, DB2, QMF
Candidates must have the eligibility to work in the United States without a current or future need for Visa sponsorship.
Apply through Handshake here